The LulzBot Bio is a FRESH™ certified bioprinter ready to print bioinks, unmodified collagen, and other soft materials for pharmaceutical/cosmetic testing, tissue engineering, regenerative medicine, and so much more.
- Ready-to-print bioinks, unmodified collagen, and other soft materials
- Easy, high-detail results
- Configurable for fast and ever-changing innovation
Be among the first to own the world's most adaptable bioprinter. Contact Sales@LulzBot.com to order today.
Key Technical Specifications
- Technology: Fluid Deposition Fabrication (FDF)
- Tool Head: Syringe Pump Extruder
- Min. Layer Resolution: 0.05 mm (50 μm)
- Min. Positive Feature Size: 0.08 mm (80 µm)
- XYZ Positional Accuracy: 10, 10, 5 μm
- Materials: FRESH™ certified. Ready to print profiles for alginate and unmodified collagen.
- Certifications: ETL/UL, CSA, FRESH, OSHWA
Maximum Printable Area
160mm x 160mm x 89mm (6.30in x 6.30in x 3.5in)
Full Spec Sheets and Other Resourcess
- Quick Start Guide ➡
- Preparing LifeSupport™: Video | Print
- Sodium Alginate Preparation: Video
- Complete Technical Specifications ➡
- LulzBot Bio Source Files ➡
- Scientific Publications ➡
- Cura LulzBot Edition ➡
- What's in the box?
The LulzBot Bio includes:
- LulzBot Bio 3D printer with integrated 24V power supply
- Power Cord
- USB Cord
- SD Card
- Quick Start Guide
- LifeSupport™ support material
- 1g Alcian Blue 8GX – Water soluble cationic dye
- Glass Syringe
- 25 Gauge Needles (10)
- 30 Gauge Needles (10)
- Two (2) Syringe Thumb Screws
- 35mm Petri dish
- Glass 50mL Crystallizing Dish
- Vacuum Grease
- Allen Wrench Set
- Toolkit bag
- Pliers, Needle Nose
- Metric Ruler
- Complete documentation including a detailed manual with information for setup, downloading and using software, and starting your first print.
- One-year warranty and support
The LulzBot Bio is optimized for Freeform Reversible Embedding of Suspended Hydrogels (FRESH™) printing. Out of the box, users can print real, unmodified collagen, alginate, and other soft materials. This brings researchers closer than ever before to recreating human physiology for in vitro testing and regenerative medicine. Combined with an ultra-precise syringe pump extruder, the Bio is ready for a wide variety of bioprinting applications, from creating multi-scale vasculature to fully functional heart tissue and more.
The syringe pump extruder design allows for precise control of material extrusion, enabling printing of high-detail objects in a wide range of materials with varying viscosities.
The LulzBot Bio features an open materials system which includes ready-to-print profiles for alginate and unmodified collagen. With a configurable syringe pump system and extrusion settings, the Bio is easily adjustable for new materials and processes.
Designed For The Lab
The small footprint and large build volume easily fits within laminar flow cabinets or on lab countertops. The rugged design can easily be sterilized for printing cells using ethyl alcohol and UV lights.
The Bio features a 4.5” glove-friendly touch screen and SD card slot for easy operation without the need to be tethered to a computer.
The LulzBot Bio’s variable temperature heated bed allows full control of environmental conditions during printing, ensuring the integrity of the print from start to removal.
Innovation in research demands flexibility. The Bio’s FRESH™ Certified and Open Hardware Design gives researchers the keys to innovate, allowing machine capabilities to be easily adjusted for new materials and processes. The Bio’s adaptable configuration can be modified to extrude:
- Other components of the extracellular matrix (hyaluronic acid, fibrin)
- Photo-curable resins
- Silicons and epoxies
- And more....
With an easy-to-use, configurable platform, the only limit is that of the imagination.