Remember that watch you didn't go to the store to buy? Your next opportunity for innovation has arrived. Follow this tutorial to get your wheels turning as you explore the possibilities of functional design.
What You'll Need
- Latest version of Cura 2 LulzBot Edition Beta
- Update to the latest firmware through Cura 2 LulzBot Edition Beta
- Open Cura and select Settings > Printer > Manage Printers
- Make sure the correct printer is highlighted, then select Upgrade Firmware
- Select Automatically Upgrade Firmware in the pop-up window that appears
- Harley Ronda 3 Hand Quartz Watch Movement
- 43mm Watch Crystal, 1.5mm Thick
- Watch Hands: minute hand hole size .70mm and hour hand size 1.20mm
- Watch crown (4.0mm - 2.60mm - 1.70mm - 5.0mm - Tap 10 )
- Watch stem extender (Tap 10/Tap 10)
- Package 5/8" 18g wire brads
- Watch Face.stl
- Watch Body.stl (browse sizes)
- Watch face image
Print the watch face with a pause height of roughly 3.78 mm. When the print has paused, carefully insert the watch crystal into the opening making sure the crystal is laying flush with the surface before resuming.
Print the watch body with a pause height of roughly 2.34 mm. When the print has paused, carefully insert a wire brad into each opening taking note of the brad orientation respective to the opening.
Print the watch face on your desired paper type. Use photo paper for a glossy finish. Once finished, carefully cut around the perimeter, then finish by poking a hole in the center.
Screw the stem extender onto the movement stem. Place the assembly into the watch body and use a marker to mark where the stem extrudes from the hole. Using a pair of wire snips, cut the stem extender so that it is flush with the body.
Assemble as shown.