At Aleph Objects, Inc. we are excited to launch our new LulzBot Mini desktop 3D printer at the International CES 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA this January! To celebrate we are hosting a contest on Reddit.com/r/3Dprinting to give you a chance to be creative and win your own. Learn more about the LulzBot Mini by visiting LulzBot.com/Mini.
HOW TO WIN There are two awards:
- People's Choice - Most votes by Redditors on the contest thread
- Critic's Choice - As selected by Aleph Objects, Inc.
PRIZES The winning submissions will be announced and on display in our booth (Sands - 72432) at the International CES 2015. Both winners will receive the following prizes:
- The all-new LulzBot Mini desktop 3D printer
- One reel of standard 3D printing filament of your choice (ABS, PLA, HIPS)
- One reel of advanced 3D printing filament of your choice (Polycarbonate, Nylon, T-Glase, LayWood, LayBrick, and more every day!)
- A LulzBot t-shirt and stickers
- Visit LulzBot.com/rocktopus where you can download the rocktopus 3D model and a photograph of a 3D printed rocktopus.
- Create a still digital image that you have the rights to, featuring the rocktopus. You can 3D print your own, use the digital model, or use the provided photograph.
- Upload your submission to the image hosting website of your choice with a clear CC BY-SA 4.0 license, then post the URL to your submission as a reply to the contest thread.
- Vote and share! Sharing your submission on social media using #rocktopus is encouraged. May the most creative submissions win. Good luck!
- Submissions must be in the form of a still digital image, they can be photographs, renders, compositions, scans, etc.
- Participants must have rights to their submission and include a clear CC BY-SA 4.0 license.
- Submissions must be done individually with only one link per reply to the contest thread. There is no limit on the number of submissions allowed.
- If 3D printing a rocktopus, the use of Open Source Hardware is encouraged.
- If submitting using image manipulation, the use of Free Software is encouraged.
- Winners are subject to verification and will be responsible for any taxes and fees associated with the prize, and the cost of shipping if located outside of the United States, European Union, or Canada.
NEED ACCESS TO PARTICIPATE? To 3D print a rocktopus, try one of these services: http://www.reddit.com/r/3Dprintmything http://www.3dhubs.com/ http://www.makexyz.com/ To manipulate an image featuring the rocktopus, try GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program): http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ QUESTIONS Visit the contest thread here, and post questions as a comment to the thread. Contest questions will be copied and replied to in the body of the post. ATTRIBUTION Rocktopus by Kent Johnson is licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0 and derived from work by dietz1 and yeoldebrian – LulzBot.com/rocktopus